homestorychatshoptuts

October 11, 2011

Very First Shop Sale!!!

Its small business month, and I have just jumped on the Linkin' up bandwagon! (woohoo go me!)Im linking up overe here:





So, on to the topic... your first etsy sale. My story is only spectacular for the lives that were touched. A very close relative of mine was my first sale. (and my grandfather was my second... thats family love!!) I have these beautiful rock beads that were given to me from an amazing woman who was over in Ghana with the Peace Corps. I was so excited when I got them, as I wasnt sure what to expect from handmade beads of a third world country. But these things are beautiful, earthy, and just plain inspiring! Anyways, that was almost 4 years ago. I finally got around to making a few anklets for the shop using these beads. My relative is a courtroom clerk, and they are going through some really hard times down in California. Layoffs, mandatory days off, short staffed, the works. She had 8 friends leaving her courthouse, and she decided to buy them anklets... FROM MY SHOP! I told her there was no way she was going to pay for them, and guess what... she sneaked into the shop and did it anyway! I was so excited. I literally kept clicking to look at that revenue change! Even though it was from someone dear to my heart, it was still the huge first step I was waiting for!
After she gave the anklets, many of the women felt empowered, and inspired, and could just feel the strength of the bond of women through these anklets. The beads were hand made by women striving to provide for their families doing anything they can to make it, then strung and finished with so much love I cant even explain  how much my heart goes into my pieces, then given from a woman who is so insipiring herself, and deeply touches everyone around her. I got amazing feedback, and I couldnt be anymore pleased!
That is my first sale story...  Link up over at Three's 4 Me and read more about other amazing womens first sale! :)
Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

SV said...

What a great story! Sounds like it affected so many women!!! Thanks for stopping by. Your family pics are so beautiful :-)

Pidg said...

Ohmygoodness, how awesome is that! That's so great to have your first sale be such a heartfelt story as well :)

minihousemightyhearts said...

I love stories like this! SO AMAZING! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing that story!!!

Alisha said...

Thank you very much for your wonderful. It totally made my day! :)

 
Content © Silly. Beautiful. Life. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.