homestorychatshoptuts

February 6, 2012

RLP... Superbowl Style!

{Please excuse the poor quality of the photos. Brax messed with my camera, and now something is all wonky with my lense. Thank goodness for the 2 yr warranty!!}

Have I mentioned how nice it is to be able to go to one spot, and find a bunch of delicious eats to inspire me? (Realllllly cool!) Plus, I already know that I will, at least semi, like these foods, I picked them to put on my board! So with a few little clicks, and gazing at mouth watering pictures, I came up with my superbowl appetizer!

{Insert little kid laugh here... yeah, I just said balls!}
These are so super easy!
All you need is 1lb ground sausage, 1 package of cream cheese, 1 1/4 c. Bisquick, and 4 oz. cheddar cheese shredded (I grated my own Colby jack, since that is what I had on hand, and it worked just fine! Id be curious to try it with mozzarella!)
Soften the cream cheese, and put everything in a large mixing bowl!

This is where hubby came in for me, and mixed it all by hand. {I have a really big fear of touching raw meat. It grosses me out so bad}
Next, you roll the mixture into little balls, roughly 1". {Hubby's were rather large, and took a lot more time to cook!}
Do NOT grease the cookie sheet! I did, and they burnt on the bottom. Not okay! This goes back to my lack of kitchen common sense. I didn't realize that the sausage has grease of its own! Then put your balls {Yup, Balls again!} onto the cookie sheet!

If you made 1" balls,  I am sure that 25 minutes would be plenty, but as we had big balls {tehehe} They cooked for about 33 minutes. I made two batches; one with regular sausage, and one with Italian sausage. It all got eaten up!

{Clearly this is not my picture! Where is my picture? Well I was so upset with my camera, I put it on a timeout!}

They turned out great! I was given a few suggestions for next time.
-Instead of grated cheese, put a chunk of cheese in the middle
-A little less Bisquick
-Season the sausage for a more flavorful taste
-Try different cheeses

I hope you guys enjoyed your weekend!! If you haven't noticed, I have started Real Life... Pintrest on Mondays. It seems to be easier for me to come right off the weekend and post about my weekend food!!

Are you following me on Pintrest??
 
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Pidg said...

I tagged you in a post come see!

http://pidgapeg.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it.html

Robin said...

These looks delicious!!! I am totally with you on touching raw meat, it grosses me out as well! Thanks for sharing these!

Please check out my giveaway to support my sister as she bikes 110 miles along side wounded veterans! http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

 
Content © Silly. Beautiful. Life. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.