homestorychatshoptuts

February 7, 2013

I'm a "Gleek"

Ok. I admit it, I'm in love with Glee. I makes me happy, and it puts into my head that I sound good in the shower. I'm sitting here tonight, going through the first season on Netflix. I love seeing the kids grow, and their relationships change. It's so heart warming, and I think about high school. Hubs is having his 10 year this year. Crazy! Which means we have known each other for 12 years now. Wow. Time flies....
Anyways, back to music, which is where the whole post steamed from. I am interning to these songs, and it makes me wonder, why is music a memory. What I mean by that is, how can one song, remind you of a time, a day, a person, or a situation. There R some songs that weren't even out during high school, that take me right back to that memory. Does this happen to you guys?
I am an over emotional person. I cry when people win big money on game shows, because I get so incredibly happy for that stranger. But music (totally distracting myself) really gets me. Being so emo, I cry a lot over music. Even happy tears! (I'm a hot mess people.)
I love the way that music can put into words things I didn't know how. I love all types of music, but country is usually my go to. And old school rap. (Love me some ja rule) so many songs open the memory flood gates, and tonight on Glee, they were rocking out to Journey. It reminds me of an old friend of mine, and I can't help but giggle.

Do you guys have an songs that just take you back?

No comments:

 
Content © Silly. Beautiful. Life. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.