homestorychatshoptuts

March 20, 2012

Double Chocolate Banana Bread

Ok. I have to admit something right up front! {I cant remember how I came across this recipe. That is the reason it isnt part of my RLP series. Although I probably found it on pintrest!} Anywho, you can check out the blogger who posted this recipe *here*.

I am cheap. I will just through that out there now. So at my Albertsons, I buy the "riper" {Or more ripe, if riper isnt a word!} bananas because they are 20 cents a lb cheaper. They usually dont last around our house, but when they make it a little too long, I get to make banana bread! I did a little tweaking in the recipe, but Ill tell you about that along the way!

First thing, mix the sugar and eggs and oil together. {Enter first substition here. I used applesauce I canned last fall instead of the oil. 1:1 ratio.}
Add in mashed bananas and Vanilla!
Grab your medium bowl, and mix your *flour, salt, soda and cocoa together! {*Second substitution. I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour!}
{Last substitution: The recipe calls for 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips. I used 1/2 c. peanut butter chips and 3/4 c. mini s.s chocolate chips!}

Grease your bread pan, and pop it in the oven. I cooked mine for 65 minutes at 350.It came out moist, and delicious. I had hubby try it when he got home from work, but before I could tell him my substitutions. He loved it! After I told him what I had changed, he still thought it was pretty good! ;)
{Please pay no mind that one of the corners is missing... I had to have a little taste! ;) }

This is a keeper recipe in our house... no matter how it was that I stumbled upon it!

Do you have a secret when it comes to banana bread? Or substitutions that you cant live without? I want to know about them!!!




No comments:

 
Content © Silly. Beautiful. Life. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.