homestorychatshoptuts

April 30, 2012

Birthday Boy!

Last Wednesday Hubs turned 27! We usually go out to dinner with both of our families, and call it good. But this year, I wanted to do something a little different. You see, Hubs feels like he never gets surprised. (and he's been complaining about being old!)
I was chatting with his sister on the phone, and she had brought up a concert in Reno, that would have been fun for all 4 of us to go to. It didn't mesh well with BILS (Brother in Law) schedule, so we nixed it. Then I had my Ahhh ahhhh ahhh ahhh moment. (I hope you all sang that as you read it,because I sang it as I typed it! LOL!)
I would surprise Hubs, and take him down to Grass Valley to spend 2 nights with his sister. I asked MIL to watch the boys, and I packed up a bag for the two of us. When he got home, Brax was very excited to give him his gift. In fact, he ran straight up to him, with the bag open, and yelled, "DAD, HERES YOUR NEW PLAYSTATION GAME!" I kinda feel like the surprise got ruined! LOL!
Then, I told him I had a little surprise I wanted to do with him before dinner. We hopped in the car, and got on the freeway. Naturally he assumed we were going to a) The Mall or b) Best Buy. This is where I got realllly lucky, He fell asleep. We were about 20 minutes from the California border when he woke up. He was so confused. He asked his questions, and finally, he guessed!
So, here are the pictures from our little day and a half getaway down south!



Rainy view of Lake Shasta!


View from Sis's porch! You would never know she is only 40 (ish) minutes from Roseville!




The boys playing some "shoot 'em up" at Dave and Busters!


The cute old Theater in Grass Valley


This street is lovingly named "the Orchard Ghetto". It could be the worst road I have ever traveled on. Its like CalTrans forgot it exists!

Cant go down south without stopping!!

Because everyone wants to see my burger!

Yes, I am that girl. Toe prints on the windshield!


It was such a fun little trip, but by the time we got home, we were ready to be with the kiddos again. :)

No comments:

 
Content © Silly. Beautiful. Life. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.